Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I am in a battle !

I am in a battle.  Yes, there are struggles and pain. Yes, there are times I am fearful of tomorrow or even of the next step I need to take, but I choose to engage in this battle as a soldier and soldiers march on. I don’t lower my weapons or lay down in defeat.  I will live to the end and I give it my all.
Each morning I wake up and I open my eyes, before I even pull back the covers, I have to make a choice. Fight or surrender? Which will I choose? I do not let the fact that I may have to crawl through the trenches just to get my day started because I do not wave the white flag of defeat. I do not let the opinions of others and their negativity keep me from advancing. 
I am a fighter, not a quitter.  I will remain a soldier in this battle with MS. I am powerful, brave and unstoppable only because God is my constant companion. I will not back down or give up.

“Impossible” is not a word in my vocabulary.  I try to prove that to be true every day. I try not to complain, this only weighs me down and holds me back.  I am not alone in this fight. God, my husband, my daughters, my family and my friends are with me. MS may knock me down, but I get back up and kick butt ! 

1 comment: